2014/06/29

Aalto stool


 
I found this old beautiful bedroom photo when going through my inspiration folders. I am weak for all kinds of Artek stools and it seems that there are too many colours and different kinds of wood combinations nowadays for me being even able to choose one single favourite. I appreciate these traditional stools as they give that extra natural traditional feeling to the rooms.

The stool has many lookalikes on the market. How can you distinguish the copy from the real one? I guess you can try to test it by throwing it into the wall? A funny legend says that Aalto tested the stools' durability by throwing the prototypes along the floors in the factory. And I guess he was not satisfied until they did not break.


Picture Hemnet
Story Artek

 

No comments:

Post a Comment