2016/05/29

Best picks lately

It is time again for the best picks of the week!
 
 
Mokkasin and a whole heap of other bloggers were recently providing such beautiful pictures from the new exhibition about Josef Frank at Millesgården in Stockholm. They were all binding summery flower bouquets while visiting the exhibition about pattern, furniture and paintings.
 
Such a pity it is a long way but those of you who are closer I think should definitely visit. I am also curious if there are some posters from the exhibition? Josef Frank is one of my favourite designers and I have collected a few things with his pattern from Svenskt Tenn already.
 
In the picture blogger Marie Serneholt, and all picture cred to the blogger Mokkasin.
 
 
I got so inspired so I ordered this new book, Josef Frank - de okända akvarellerna. Josef was, apart from his well-known textile patterns and furniture, also a wizard at painting with watercolours. He did not start until at the age of 68, which gives all us other stressed souls a tiny little hope!
 
This exhibition revelas a new side of the iconic Josef Frank designer that we have not seen before. Am I seeing a new picture trend coming? Flowery retro motifs in watercolours? Please Svenskt Tenn, more wall art and posters, in any style!
 
 
Jumping to another wall art!
 
The well-known and talented Swedish high jumper Emma Green is planning for a career after the athletics. She has been topical with a photo exhibition in Gothenburg and above is one of her pictures, Flätat, which is also sold in her newly started webshop. I am so much dreaming of the same. Taking photos and having them for sale online as pictures to frame.

 
My sister's daugther is graduating from high school the upcoming week and there is a lot of planning in the air by my family. 
 
I noticed that Kay Bojesen has introduced graduate caps for the monkeys. I guess this combination will be a hit especially in Denmark for design loving graduates.
 
 
Last but not least, this week's picture wall. 
Picture My unfinished home | Bjurfors
 
While writing I am listening to this song by Veronica Maggio. It is a couple of months old already but it has a melody that get stuck!
 
 
Sun is shining again! Wishing you a good and lovely Sunday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment