2016/01/24

Faves of the week

Here comes a Sunday list of my faves of the week!


Bellevue
 
&tradition has reinterpreted Arne Jacobsen's iconic lamp Bellevue and this is the result. The resdesign has been done with respect because nothing else than colours and material have been changed.



From royal wedding to Ellos
 
I think this is so cool. The Swedish designer Ida Sjöstedt, who designed the royal wedding dress for Princess Sofia this year, is now doing a collaboration with Ellos. A bonus for Ellos is that Ida was recently named the designer of the year at Elle Decoration's award ceremony.

Ellos is just doing their marketing and branding right. The company has done a lot of cooperations lately, with artists, actresses and bloggers. But it is not until now I hear them through the buzz.

The collection is called La Vie en Rose and is available as of April. It will also include home accessories, which I am curious about.
 


Sweets
 
The Shrove Tuesday is approaching and according to the tradition in the Northern countries the traditional buns for the feast look like this. I chose this picture because I liked the styling. The golden cutlery, eucalyptus and powder sugar.
 

 
Words
 
One of my friends turned older the other day and posted this thoughtful text on Facebook, by the author Neil Gaiman. I wanted to share it with you, too, if it would give you the same encouraging feeling that I got!


"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever."


Pictures &tradition | Ellos | Atilio | My Pinterest (collage by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment