2016/06/12

IKEA + HAY + Tom Dixon


The collaborations rains at IKEA. In the wake of the latest success with Ilse Crawford and Ingegerd Råman, the store now reveals its next collaborations and the interior world holds its breath. This time IKEA collaborates with Danish Hay and British Tom Dixon! Hay and Tom Dixon are two of my favourite design stores so I am eager to see what is to come. I anticipate success.

As IKEA's Design Manager Marcus Engman said to Dezeen earlier this year, the store is using the design collaborations to overcome its reputation for just doing "cheap stuff". And I think they are definitely on the right path. All eyes are turned to them frequently as the design collaborations succeed each other in a rapid pace.

I am waiting for more fancy product pictures and that is one thing I feel is lacking in this sensation now but I am sure they will come. All is quite secret still. You can see some of the revealed product pictures over here. The products of the Ikea & Hay collaboration come into stores during 2017, whereas the Ikea & Tom Dixon collaboration is launched in 2018.

 
 The beautiful couple and co-founders behind the brand Hay, Rolf and Mette Hay.

Picture Dezeen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment